"It is the most beautiful strecth of the Danube along its entire course and should not be missed" Lonely Planet
"The Danube Bend Tour is just filled with breath taking Views. The streets in Szentendre are so charming and the ceramic workshop was great allowing us to experience and feel the art. The highlight was the motor boat tour that gave us panoramic views we would not have experienced" Connie Eidschun, Florida
Pure nature, beautiful vistas, Szentendre "the city of arts", places and villages you would never find, the largest church of Hungary, a secret island...
This tour along the "Blue Danube" will get you aquainted with the royal Hungarian towns of Visegrád, Esztergom and the smal artsy riverside village of Szentendre. Even if you spend just a short time in Hungary, the bend is worth to see: the beautiful region is located very near of Budapest.
Our tour contains 3 optional activities, each of them add a lot to the tour and can make the day truly memorable. (These extra activities are not mandatory but choosing one or two is highly recommended)
Duration: 8-9 hours
Operated any day of the week, upon your request and our availability
- Szentendre: artsy and charming town by the Danube
On the way to the Danube bend we will stop in the artist's village of Szentendre. It is a small baroque city at the gate of the Danube Bend in a beautiful natural environment. Cobbled squares, colorful baroque houses, narrow streets, graceful churches, nice cafes and quality souvenir/art shops. Szentendre means home and inspiration for many well known Hungarian artists. After the walk through the charming and quiet streets of the downtown you will have the option to visit one of the interesting museums presenting local art: picture galleries, the famous Margit Kovács Ceramics Collection, or the unique Szamos Marzipan Museum and Workshop...(optional)
Optional activity in Szentendre: A knowledgeable ceramic artist will host you in her art studio, and let you see how fine hungarian ceramics are created! You can also try your hand and create your own ceramic. The program is designed for those who enjoy experiencing real artwork and desire something more authentic than just visiting an art shop.
- Szentendre island
An island with charming villages, spreading cultivated lands, strategic water reserves of Budapest. András the founder of My Personal Budapest dreams about having a house in Kisoroszi, one of the villages on the island. If weather enables we will take you to a secret spot of the island, one our our favourite spots in Hungary!!!
Visegrád once was the capital of Hungary. From the hill there you will enjoy an absolutely fascinating panorama on the Danube bend.
Recommended optional activity: 1 hour private motorboat tour. You will sail through the heart of the Danube Bend and see it from the best perspective.
You will see perspectives and parts of the river you are not able to see on a large boat. This is the way to enjoy the Bend at its best and to fall in love with it
Hungary’s first king István was born and crowned here. Esztergom was the seat of the first Hungarian kings until 1241. Though, the city is still the centre of the Hungarian Catholic Church.
You will visit the largest cathedral of Hungary (burial place of famous cardinals of Hungary, like the renowned Primate József Mindszenty).
Optional activity on the way back to Budapest: You will stop at a beautifully restored old mansion with an amazing garden. The owner will serve the famous product of the region: strawberry wine. The tasting contains 3 different varieties of the strawberry wine. On top you will also have the chance to enjoy a local dessert prepared by your host: chestnut cordials dipped in Portorico rum covered with premium chocolate.
(As reviewed by a Tripadvisor member)
9.00 am pick up at your hotel
- visit to Szentendre: walk in the charming town of arts, we will explore some off the beaten path streets as well. If you choose to, you will have the opportunity to visit one or two local museums (like the famous marzipan museum or the museum of micro art...etc)
- optional acitivity in Szentendre: ceramic workshop visit&art presentation with chance to try your hands!:) (we will do this if you choose to do this, please let us know whether you are interested)
- photo stop in Visegrád: the panorama of the Danube Bend
- optional activity from Visegrád: motorboat tour - we will do this if you choose to do this, please let us know prior to the tour.
- visit to Esztergom, the first capital of Hungary. We will visit Hungary's largest cathedral too.
- drive to Szentendre island along with visit to an amazing secret corner of the island
- on the way back to Budapest: optional stop at a beautifully restored old mansion: strawberry wine tasting accompanied with chestnut cordials dipped in Portorico rum, covered with premium chocolate. We will do this if you choose to do this, please let us know prior to the tour.
- transfer back to Budapest
Tour duration: 8-9 hours
Departure time: 9.00 am, we pick you up at your hotel.
Price for 2: eur 185 total (eur 92.5/person)
(If your party includes 1 person or more than 2 people, please request a quote from us)
- 1 hour motorboat tour: eur 120 for 2, eur 140 for groups of 3, eur 150 for groups of 4.
- 1 hour ceramic workshop: eur 20/person
- 1 hour strawberry wine tasting(3 types) & chestnut dessert: eur 20/person
Please include the following information: