"When the mood strikes for the gorgeous countryside, every Hungarian knows where to go: Lake Balaton." CNN Travel
"We hired Andras to escort us to the Lake Balaton region. The region was a true gem. We arrived in time to see all the sailboats celebrate the beginning of the sailing season. We were taken to Tihany peninsula, Balatonfüred and to Csopak wine region where Andras escorted us to a local winery. We were treated like family. We were exposed to a platter of local sausages and fresh vegetables for lunch. Our group was given a sampling of 5 wines made at the winery. The wines were exceptional. The winery went out of their way to accommodate the one vegetarian in our group with a delicious cheese platter and home made potato pancakes. This dining experience was the highlight of our trip. We spent 4 hours eating, drinking, laughing and enjoying the beautiful vistas afforded us at the winery."
Mel Schuldenfrei, USA
The essence of Hungarian rural beauty. Hungary's version of Provence. And our favourite region in Hungary.
You will enjoy stunning views, tiny villages with century-old whitewashed houses, amazing formations of nature.
Balaton Uplands has been chosen by Mastercard users one of the Top 15 Hidden Treasures travel destinations of Europe.
The 9 hour tour is filled with beauties of nature, interesting history and very good wine!
The beauty of the nature, the great gastronomy, the fresh wines, the charme of the villages and the historical and architectural heritage of the region are all good reasons to make a visit here.
Duration: 9-10 hours
Operated any day of the week, upon your request and our availability
You can taste 5 to 7 very good wines of the region and hopefully find your favourite one. The very good Hungarian cold plate of the winery (best cheeses, and mangalica bacon and sausage, vegetables, fresh bread) is itself a tasty culinary experience! Please note that the winery visit is optional.
9.00 am pick up at your hotel
- Drive to Lake Balaton (80 min from Budapest), then take the ferry from the southern shore to the northern shore
- in Tihany you will walk around this charming and famous little town on the peninsula with the same name, you will also watch a great video on Tihany's history and formations of the nature, then you will visit the famous abbey
- we then drive you to Balatonfüred to see this noble town with lots of mansions and a picturesque promenade
- in Tihany/Balatonfüred you can enjoy a coffee/tea along with a cake while sitting in a cafe on the lakeside
- afterwards you will visit a winery in either the Csopak wine region or in the Badacson region. Each winery has a great location(view). You can choose between tasting packages on the spot. The wineries all serve great food.
Price for 2: eur 240 total (eur 120/person)
Price includes: pick up and drop off at hotel, private guide, private car/minivan with AC, visit to Tihany peninsula (Tihany visitors center and Abbey tickets included), visit to Balatonfüred, 10 mins ferry ride from the southern to the northern shore, visit to one or two local and secret spots.
Price excludes: wine tasting and meal in Csopak/Badacsony. The estimated money needed at the winery is about EUR 30/person. On some days of the week wine tasting is possible together with lunch, with a beatiful view. Please let us know if you are interested in this at the time of booking.
Please include the following information: